You’ve read our blog on the questions to ask yourself before touring an office space, you’ve done the market research, and you have set up tours of Downtown Jacksonville office spaces.
During your visits, there is a lot to do, and a lot of questions to ask, so we have compiled a list so you don’t forget anything. This may seem like a lot, but think about this. You sign a multi-year lease and find the landlord doesn’t provide free, high-quality wifi. That would then be an unexpected monthly cost you could have otherwise spent on pop-up team lunches with your staff or a happy hour on you.
Review the full checklist below to fill out during your visit and to easily compare office spaces.
Jacksonville Office Space Checklist
- Is it ready to move in?
- Does it have enough square footage (usable / rentable)?
- Is it ADA compliant?
- Do you need to change the CoU?
- Does it have 24/7 access?
- Take photos – a lot of them.
- Ask to see available parking.
- Drive to and from the building at different times to get an idea of traffic patterns.
- Check out the restrooms.
- Do conference rooms have technology and space you need?
- Inspect the common area.
- What is the minimum lease term?
- Are pets allowed?
- Who is the internet provider and is it included?
- Is electric included?
- Are janitorial services included?
- Any other services provided by the landlord?
- Is parking included and how many spots?
- Is there any period of complimentary rent?
- Are restaurants within walking distance?
- Does the building have operating hours?
- Who are other tenants in the building(s)?
- How often is the building cleaned?
- Does the building provide toiletries?
- Is there on-site maintenance?
- What are after-hour policies?
- Is there a Tenant Improvement Allowance (TIA)?
- What type of security does the building have?
- How is cell phone reception?
- Is there a kitchen?
- Is there a break/communal space for hanging out?
- Can you please provide references?
- What are terms for breaking the lease, if necessary?
Two Jacksonville Offices Spaces for Rent
Downtown Duval is proud to offer two historical Jacksonville landmarks converted to modern office spaces. As you continue your search for the right fit for your business, contact our property manager to set up a tour and we’ll be happy to answer all your questions about our buildings and help compare against answers you collected from other buildings around town.